We aim to deliver a high quality, rigorous and coherent curriculum with a range of pathways that provide a stimulating and demanding education for students of all abilities.
The objectives for our curriculum are
- To meet the needs of our students and keep as many options open to them as possible.
- To secure the best possible academic results for all our students.
- To ensure high quality learning over time.
- To ensure substantial knowledge and language acquisition.
- To practise and develop transferable skills development
- To prepare students for the next phase of their education or employment and life in modern Britain.
- To develop well-rounded, confident and open-minded young adults.
Running through all of our curriculum, including the pastoral curriculum, are strands of Personal, Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural education (PSMSC) which cover themes such as:
- Making and maintaining positive relationships
- Staying safe and healthy (including Sex and Relationships Education, Radicalisation and cyber-safety)
- Respect of self and others
- Equality and inclusion – especially tolerance, respect and understanding of people from protected groups, including those with different faiths and beliefs
- British values eg: rights and responsibilities, democracy and the rule of law