GCSE Exams 2021
Please find information for parents and students about the 2021 GCSE Exams.
In January 2021, the Prime Minister announced that due to ongoing disruption to education the GCSE exams set to take place in May/June 2021 would not go ahead. In their place a process of Teacher and Centre Assessed Grades would be derived.
Please find communications and information from the School and Trust as well as relevant Government guidance documents. We will regularly update this page as more information becomes clear. Key information will also be shared with students through their tutor Google Classroom.
The following diagram released by OfQUAL offers a good summary of how grades will be derived and the range of potential evidence that staff will use.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact either Mrs Reilly (H.Reilly@), Exams Officer or Miss Bliss (E.Bliss@), Deputy Head. You may find some other key documents in other areas of our website but we’ve been asked to highlight the following:
- The Equality Policy - link
- Our Remote Learning Provision - link
- Access Arrangements Policy - link
- JCQ suspected malpractice policies and procedures - link
- Centre Policy MECE - link
- MET Complaints Policy Addendum Examinations Results - link
- Cyber Attack Contingency for TAG policy - link
- OfQUAL consultation on Summer Exams – link
- DfE guidance to schools on awarding Exam Grades – link
- OfQUAL guide to How GCSEs and Btecs will be graded this summer - link
- Summer 2021 timeline - link
- Determining Grades - link
Student update – Summer Assessments - March 2