PARENT HELP & SUPPORT
How to support your child
Maiden Erlegh School's Learning Journey
“Success is a journey, not a destination.” - Arthur Ashe (1943-93), Tennis champion.
All students are on a learning journey which they will continue all the way through their adult lives. For most of our students, Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge will accompany them for five years of that journey.
In order that that journey is stimulating, enjoyable and successful for all our students we ensure that:
- students have access to curriculum pathways and a broad range courses appropriate to their strengths, needs and aspirations
- students are taught using a wide range of techniques and resources which promote deep learning and understanding
- students develop a range of skills and learning habits so that they can manage their own learning as much as possible
- students are both supported and challenged them where necessary
- students and parents know and understand their end of key stage performance targets
- students and parents know and understand their what they need to do to ensure students make strong progress towards their targets
- teachers and teaching assistants understand how they can help every student in their care to progress along their personal Learning Journey.
Information about the curriculum, assessment and reporting, homework and feedback can be found on the ‘Curriculum’ section of the website.
You can find some more general tips for supporting your child’s learning here