Why work at Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge?
Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge joined Maiden Erlegh Trust in August 2018, and is rapidly improving. The number of students and parents choosing our school is increasing, and the staff benefit from being part of an established and exceptional Multi Academy Trust.
Our students thrive in a mature, supportive, purposeful and happy environment. They benefit immensely from working with our highly trained, talented and dedicated teachers and support staff and from participating in a wide range of exciting and inspiring extra-curricular activities. As a result they make excellent progress, but also grow into wonderful young adults. This means that they are equipped to take up their place in the world, whether their first steps are to university, to college, onto an apprenticeship or into the world of work.
We have a wonderful and supportive parent body combined with an active Parent Teacher Association. Recently, 56 parents recorded their views of the school on Ofsted Parent View:
- 100% of our parents rated our lockdown teaching and learning to be good or excellent, with 65% categorising us as excellent
- 100% of our parents would recommend the school to other parents and 100% of parents said their children were happy at MECE
- 99% of our parents report that their child feels safe at school
- 97% of our parents report the school makes sure the pupils are well behaved
- 97% of our parents report that the school has high expectations of their child
We are rightly proud of these statistics.
See below for just a few reasons why you should come and join us at Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge.
- Beautiful semi-rural site surrounded by farmland
- Close to London and Oxford, with excellent transport links
- Excellent public transport in and around Reading, Oxford and beyond
- Smart, intelligent, articulate students who are good company
- Students who want to learn and enjoy their learning
- You will have enthusiastic support for clubs, trips and societies from our student body
- Culture is calm and purposeful
- Supportive and welcoming staff
- Innovative and inspirational role models
Opportunities, development and support for colleagues
- Staff Classroom and Email Etiquette in place
- Wellbeing Charter launched 2017-18
- Clear and consistent routines to support all colleagues and students
- High quality, bespoke Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Buddy provided for all new colleagues
- Trained professional coaches available (and opportunity to train as a coach)
- As a growing Trust, we offer many opportunities for career progression
- Teaching School opportunities eg: to work with as a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE)
- Middle Leadership Training Programme on offer to all new and aspiring middle leaders
- We invest in Maiden Erlegh colleagues in order to grow our own talent
- Well-equipped central staff work area for use by teaching and support staff
- Dedicated subject work areas provided with IT access
- Open to proposals for flexible working and structured job shares
- Reliable remote desktop connection is available (should you wish to work from home)
- School places available for children of colleagues
- Childcare vouchers also available
- Free tea and coffee available
- Sociable colleagues and regular staff get-togethers
If you are interested in joining us at Maiden Erlegh Trust, please visit our careers website or enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org